Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 1: My Life in 250 Words

 Since committing to the "Blog Everyday in July" challenge with some friends, I have been dreading today. The topic is "Story of MY Life" in 250 words. I hate talking about my life story. At my age and stage in life, I don't like telling my life story because I find it uncomfortable to share details about childhood. So this is a very basic overview of my life...I hope the other entries for July will be more interesting than this, but this is a start. 

 

I was born, Candice Kay Axtell, on July 17,  1984 to Barbie Buchanan and Robbie Axtell. A year later, my parents married. 4 years later, my parents divorced.

Fast forward....
I was raised by my grandma Meme because sometimes life isn't perfect and parents aren't always great parents.

I attended Kansas State University to become a teacher. I had always wanted to be a teacher... I wanted to change lives. I wanted to be Michelle Pfeiffer in "Dangerous Minds." ("As I walk in the Valley of the Shadow of death, I take a look at my life and realize there's nothing left..." you know the song.)

I met my husband freshman year. I saw Keith Hill at the rec center and believed him to be the cutest guy EVER, gave him the lamest pick up line, and told him to meet up with me that night at an All U party. He stood me up only because the party was rumored to have been busted... likely story, Keith. But, we met again at a football game and were inseparable from then on. We married in 2006 after I graduated. God knew what he was doing... We were meant to be. :)

After we were married, we moved to Salina where I taught high school English for 5 years. We had our first child there, Charles Kent (Chip). After 5 years in Salina, we moved to Topeka, Kansas for a job change with my husband's work. Since living here, we have added to our family, Calla Lane was born 4 months ago. She has been a blessing, but a lot of work. :)

This is life thus far... can't wait to see what the future holds!! It is all in God's hands. So far, so good.

To sum it up in a list of life's greatest moments... 
my grandmother stepping in to raise me, my salvation at 18, my marriage to my best friend, and of course, the birth of my two children. 
Keith and I in 2005

Our first hike up Mt. Holy Cross where Keith proposed.

Our stay in Vail to celebrate our engagement.

Mr. and Mrs. Keith Hill

Our little bundle, Chip

Chip, 3 days old.

Chip when we moved to Topeka

Such a sweetie face. Chip.

My lovely grandma, Meme.

Calla, day 1 of life.

Chip and Calla meet for the first time.

Our baby girl... what a blessing.




5 comments:

  1. Wonderful story. I love Keith and your story. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I tried. This was not my favorite.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! Extra credit for all the pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... I was reviewing it last night and was thinking the same thing!!

      Delete