Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 5: Shout out to a Blogger Friend

This one was really hard, that is why I am writing it now. It is called procrastination; my go-to mode when faced with difficult challenges. But alas, I can no longer put it off. I have decided the person I would like to send my love to is Lindsey Hill. She is not a fellow blogger (yet) but she is the one who got me started blogging. Lindsey is my sister-in-law. But before we were sisters through marriage, we were friends. To this day, she is the one person I can tell anything too. No judgment. Honest criticism. A hug when needed. She once sent me a magnet that reads, "The stormy stuff in life isn't as scary when we ride it out together." (That is probably not the exact words, but pretty close.) We have relied on each other during some pretty difficult times in our lives. I don't know what I would do without her. She is my frister (Combo of friend and sister).
We met when Keith and I first started dating in the fall of 2002, then became "pen pals" so-to-speak through email. We got to know each other pretty well writing back and forth. After we started having children, we have always dreamed of ways we could stay at home with our kids and meet up for coffee and lunch and pedicures. Sad thing is, she lives in St. Louis and I, in Topeka. We were of course dreaming to think that lunch dates and pampering were possible with little ones and the distance between us, but it was always fun to talk about. One of her ideas to stay at home was to write. She suggested to me that we start a blog. Lindsey was all like, "How cool would that be?" And I was all like, "What is a blog?" Once I realized blogging was cool, I decided to join the blogging world in 2011. HeartSoulTummy was born. We have yet to start our blog, but she was THE one to get me started with this type of writing. So, Thanks Lindsey. Love ya, Fris.

Lindsey and I after the Color Run. 2012.

Lindsey and her two beautiful boys.

Love this one. She is such a natural beauty. Pictured here with her youngest baby boy.



No comments:

Post a Comment