Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Making Resolutions

http://bestreads-kav.blogspot.com/2012/01/resolution-for-women.html                                                 



I am reading the "sequel" book to Living Courageously which is inspired by the movie, Courageous, called The Resolution for Women.  Now, I am not a bandwagon jumper when it comes to popular books inspired by movies. Frankly, all the hype around it is kind of a turn off. But, beyond that, these books are FANTASTIC. They cut at my heart, and make me so humbled by God's awesomness. I like books that inspire me to take a look at my life and evaluate it with questions like, "Am I am really doing what I was created to do?" And I am resolved with these simple facts:  I am not a mistake, God has me here, this time, in this life, in Kansas, in this exact moment for SOMETHING. 

But what?
That is a question that has long been tugging at my soul. What am I doing with my life? What is my purpose? I recently realized time was fleeting when I was driving my son, who is 15 months, home from daycare. I was daydreaming when I would be carpooling him around to school. It hit me. Oh my, that is not far off. I will be taking him to school in no time, and I was saddened at the thought that I might not be making the most of the time I have with him now. Only for these fleeting moments would my son look, talk, and act the way he does right now! Time is not in my favor. In that moment, as I pulled into our neighborhood, I realized I am no longer in my early 20's with time to spare. I have to do something. The saddest thing, in my opinion, would be to wake up some day and realize I am old, and I didn't do all that I said I wanted to do and it is too late! I don't want to feel like I have wasted the little time that God has given me here. 
I am determined to find my purpose, and start living for Him. I am tired of regret and thinking I could have done more with my life. No more, my friend. I have made a resolution to be a Godly Woman. The women God, in His infinite wisdom, created me to be. That my friend is the only way to live. I will be posting little snippets, along the way, of my journey to stay accountable. Stay tuned. The Resolution for Women

1 comment:

  1. You are so insightful. You are already a huge inspiration to me. You make my life better!

    ReplyDelete