Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Day 8: Advice

I am late with this one. This was yesterday's topic, but better late than never. I had gotten into town later than expected from Keith's parent's house. I spent all day yesterday getting unpacked, paying bills, getting organized again for another week. No time for blogging...
I have a few simple pieces of advice that I have learned along the way. Here they are (some more serious than others):

1. Unpack early after vacation.
If you unpack soon after you get home, it makes the week better. I have found that I can get more done if I am not digging through the suitcases all week or tripping over them as I walking from the bed to the bathroom in the middle of the night.

2. Fold your laundry as soon as it comes out of the dryer.
Folding laundry as it comes out of the dryer and hanging the "hanger clothes" promptly makes putting laundry away easier. I have been employing this method recently and realized I have less wrinkles in my shirts, and I am more efficient at getting laundry done.

3. Think before you speak.
Sometimes I have said things and immediatiely regretted it. Have you ever said anything and wanted to stuff those words back in your mouth quickly? Yes, me too. I am learning to harness my tongue. This is not always easy, but necessary. Sometimes what we say can cause a lot of damage and mistrust. You can damage a relationship, if not forever, for a long time. So when angry or irritated, if you love and value the person, don't respond with words you will later regret. Your words can be forgiven but not easily forgotten.

4. Take it God.
When worried or facing a difficult challenge don't ever underestimate prayer. It is hard to think, for me personally, that prayer will be effective, but every time I have relied on God and prayed about whatever I struggled with, He has followed through. Matthew 21:22 "And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive."

5. Make your own baby food.
It is fun, cheap, and healthy. My son eats ANYTHING. He always has, and I attribute that to my culinary skills. :) I loved making his food, and can't wait to make Calla's. We saved sooo much money too. It is unreal what baby food costs. All you need is an oven, food processor, and ice cube trays. No  special equipment needed. Your baby will thank you later. ;)

6. Walk a mile in someone's shoes. (Cliche I know)
We have all had different experiences in life. We have different families, lives, and struggles. Sometimes it is hard to understand what someone is going through, so instead of passing judgment or speaking harshly about them or to them, put yourself in their shoes. Not everyone has an easy life and some stages of life are easier than others. For me, I feel that having two small children is pretty difficult to manage. But it won't last forever, and it certainly isn't the worst it could be. Before you judge, put yourself in their shoes. And if you still don't get it, walk another mile. (That is from a song. Drew Holcomb. "Another Man's Shoes." Great song.)


No comments:

Post a Comment