Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Day 4: My Favorite Quote

-->
My favorite quote is from Jesus. He tells us in Matthew 6


25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]? 
33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Image from svcov.org
I struggle a lot with worry. I worry about everything; I even make up things to worry about that aren’t even going to happen. This summer, I have really tried to get into God’s word each day, and I can’t tell you how much peace it has brought to me. Rather than worrying about things, I am learning to pray, to trust God, and to do the best that I can do on my part. God wants us to need Him. When we let God take over, great things happen. I can assure you!



Why is worry pointless? Just as the verse says, "can anyone of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?" No. My pastor, Mark Doss, says that "worrying is like sitting in a rocking chair doing a whole lot of work to get no where." No one is guaranteed tomorrow and when we spend all day worrying about tomorrow, we are missing out on today. 

You have heard the saying, God only gives you what you can handle. That is true. He gives you enough time and enough to do for the day. You are the manager of your time. You control what you chose to think about. So knowing that God has provided you with the tools necessary to tackle whatever comes each given day, you are creating undue stress and ultimately defeat if you invite tomorrow’s troubles into today. We aren’t meant to deal with tomorrow until tomorrow. We are equipped for today alone. 

Now, I am not saying don’t plan… but I am saying don’t worry about everything. Sometimes trusting God with your tomorrows is the best way to free yourself from stress. Things just work out better that way. It is your job to deal with today’s troubles and decisions. “Tomorrow will worry about itself.” We only have one life, don’t miss out on today worrying about your tomorrow.



Carpe Diem… seize the day!


2 comments: