Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Day 12: What do you miss?

Robyn and I before Prom. Junior Year?
The prompt for day 12, yes I am behind, is what do you miss? Since it is summer, there is one thing that comes to mind. I miss Robyn Turnovsky (Seipel) and spending time with her at her pool. Robyn and I grew up together. Not in the same house, but as neighbors. She was my first friend. From birth, we grew up next door to one another. Although our fights were epic, we loved each other. To this day, I love Robyn. Some of that is met with regret for the time and distance between us, but she is one person I know would take me in at my worst, and I would do the same for her. She is someone I trust and love as a sister. Her family, was my family. Her fridge was my fridge. :) There were many times I ate over there. The best part of my childhood would be our summer days. We would spend all day by the pool. Robyn always the lobster the first few weeks, and me the one with too much sun oil. (Her dad did not like us to wear oil. Sorry Jim.) Our summer days were priceless. Robyn's friendship shaped me as a person. She was always honest and dependable. I would do anything to go back for one more day and sit with her by the pool... eat Sunchips, drink a soda, and lay on a raft. That is what I miss the most right now. Ah, to be young again.

No comments:

Post a Comment