Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Day 6: What I do

What do I do? This question is pretty hard right now considering I was a teacher in a "brick-and-mortar school" for seven years and just recently left that job to stay at home with my kids and teach for an on-line high school. So what do I do, without giving you a job title? Well, I get little ones up and fed and sometimes we make it out of our pjs. Then, I plan lessons that are interesting. Teach them to students, who I can't see, through an online program called Blackboard. It is definitely a different way to teach. I like it. I have students from all over Kansas. Some are doing on-line school because they are sick. For example, I have a student who is battling Leukemia. I have other students who are musicians, rodeo queens, international tennis players, and normal kids that just weren't getting their needs met in their local high school. I grade online and return assignments online. It is a "Techy" job, and I like it that way. Youtube is my friend.  Recently, I used a really cool video to introduce Shakespeare's King Lear. 
When I am not teaching or grading or prepping for school, I am doing chores to keep my house up and running. For instance, I have recently taken up ironing. This was something I NEVER did. Now I do. I feel pretty housewifey these days. I do laundry each day, so I am no longer trying to cram it in on the weekends. I feel much less rushed and life just seems simpler these days. I am thankful that I am still teaching, while being able to take care of the little ones and my husband. I am much happier, and I think my family is too.
Chip's excited about it. This is my job :)

No comments:

Post a Comment