Hello!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Heart Soul Tummy is a blog hopefully to encourage, inspire, and make you smile. It is a little bit of everything that makes me happy! I am new to this, so don't judge me too much on my blogger skills, or lack there of.

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year- 2013

Well the world didn't end in 2012. So here we are, 2013, and so many things to be excited about. Keith and I will be expecting our second child, our first girl, in March. We have decided to name her Lane Madison. Not to be called Laney. Lane is my great-grandmother's maiden name. It is simple and sweet. My great-grandmother passed away a few years ago, but still managed to get me a present this Christmas. Let me explain. This Christmas, my grandmother, Meme, gave me a pillow that my great grandmother, Vera, had cross-stiched for me. She had found it with some of my her things and it had a note attached that read, "Make this into a pillow for Candice." Special, Right? The pillow has a girl, resembling Bo-Peep, and she has blue eyes (just like me). It is going to go in Lane's room for sure. Such sweet memories.
There is so much to look forward too in the coming year. I am excited to get started on my New Year's Resolutions. They are as follows:
1. Run a half-marathon
2. Get out of pesky credit card debt using the Money Map by Crown Financial. We have made a pretty good dent in our small but annoying debt. Here's to getting it GONE.
3. Be in God's word DAILY. I am reading the whole Bible in the coming year. This will be the second time through. This time, studying the commentary also. (I actually started this after talking with my cousin, Mike, at Christmas. It has been great so far, and I feel that I am actually going to learn a lot.)

That is it.
image from: christianfilingcabinet.com
This is the book we are using to get out of debt. Such a GREAT resource.
Highly recommended.

I hope that the new year brings new challenges with sweeter rewards. Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment